Skip to main content

Trick to crack Assistant District Attorneys (ADA) Exam-2018-19



No exam is difficult to crack provided you study with dedication. Hard work pays off with huge interest.

About the post of ADA 
i) ADA are the Assistant Public Prosecutors who represent on behalf of the state.
ii) Approximate Salary is Rs 35,000 per month without allowances.
iii) The requirement is law graduate i.e LLB
iv) Assistant District Attorneys (ADA) are the lawyers working under the supervision of the District Attorney.
v) 75% of the posts of ADA are filled by Direct recruitment through a competitive examination by Public Service Commission (PSC) and the remaining 25% percent by promotion.

Syllabus of ADA 2018-19
No. of vacancies - 180
a) Civil law
-Indian Evidence Act
-Indian Contract Act 
-Code of Civil Procedure
-Indian Partnership Act 
-Hindu Law
-Mohammadan law and Customary Law
-Sale of Goods Act 

b) Criminal Law
-Indian Penal Code, 1860
-Code of Criminal Procedure,1973
-Indian Evidence Act,1872

c) Questions from English Language and General awareness

Strategy to be followed  
Following are the material required for clearing this exam:
i) Bare Acts of all the subjects above mentioned.
ii) Newspaper
iii) Current affair magazines of past 8 months
iv) Universal MCQs for Judicial services

Trick to crack this exam
This exam consists of 100 questions (1 mark each).
Duration- 2 hours
* No Negative Marking

i) Go through previous year question papers and analyze the important area.
ii) Read the Bare Acts and try to memorize the essentials of provisions.
 iii) Read Newspaper daily, it is not necessary to read THE HINDU, but THE HINDU has rich content and will help you in improving English.
iv) Read the current affairs magazines, but first cover your law part and then jump to current affairs because there are hardly 7-8 questions from current affairs.
v) Try solving out MCQs as much as you can, it is advised that you should solve at least 5 previous year papers.

Trick to crack Interview
Once you clear the Preliminiary test then you have to appear for the Interview round where you are judged on the basis of confidence,  knowledge of law and general awareness.
so before going for interview, go through current affair magzines and read the Bare Acts properly.

Download PDF 
i) ADA syllabus
ii) Model Criminal Law Paper
iii) Model General Awareness

Popular posts from this blog

Art of Cross Examination used by: Sr. Adv. Ram Jethmalani, Supreme court

“The issue of a cause rarely depends upon a speech and is but seldom even affected by it. But there is never a cause contested, the result of which is not mainly dependent upon the skill with which the advocate conducts his cross examination.”- Francis L. Wellman

When asked, the undisputed champion of cross-examination, Mr. Ram Jethmalanidescribed the art of cross-examination as the most effective weapon for the discovery of truth, provided the objective is not to confound a truthful witness but to extract truth from an unwilling witness.
The search for truth is the ultimate and idealistic end of all litigated matter in a court trial, and that truth is obtained due to the process of cross examination in the conduct of litigation.

Mr. Jethmalani understands that in India where large number of complaints and cases are filed in civil and criminal courts every day, delay in justice is common due to the rapidly growing pendency of cases in courts. Examination of witnesses plays an important …

Rights to Constitutional Remedies- Writs under Art. 32 and 226 of Indian Constitution

Under the common law system, a writ is meant to be a written order, informal in nature which is issued by either by an administrative or judicial body. The aim of this paper is to identify writs as a constitutional remedy. The paper is divided into four parts. The first part would deal with the origin, purpose of writs which would examine the historical developments that took place with respect to writs. The second part of the paper would be specific to the Indian Legal Systems. This part would closely examine the existence and use of writs as per the provisions of the Indian Constitution as a constitutional right to remedy. The third part of the paper would elaborate on all the types of writ remedies and its usage in the Indian Legal System. The last part of the paper would be the conclusion that would deal with appraisal and the critical analysis of writs. The purpose of this paper is to celebrate writs as a powerful constitution remedy and highlight the importance of the same in th…

Advt.